(2 Jan 1803 - 7 Nov 1886)
Thurber Printing Machine - Large Picture
(1000 x 700 px)
Charles Thurber's Printing Machine (patented 1843), an early, impractical typewriter. (source)
- 2 Jan - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Thurber's birth.
- More for Charles Thurber on Today in Science History page.
- Charles Thurber - Printing Machine (Typewriter) Patent No. 3228 - Brief Descriptions.
- Thurbers Chirographer - his second machine, described in article from Scientific American (1847)
- Thurbers First Patent - Text and images from Patent No. 3,228.
- 26 Aug - event description for date Patent No. 3228 (issued 26 Aug 1843), and other events.
- Typewriter Quotes - Today in Science History