(12 May 1820 - 13 Aug 1910)
A Ward in the Hospital at Scutari
(1000 x 638 px)
Lithograph titled One of the Wards of the Hospital at Scutari by artist William Simpson (1823-1899) drawn representing the interior after the arrival of Florence Nightingale. Published in 1856 as Plate 34 in Colnaghi's Authentic Series by Paul & Dominic Colnaghi & Co., Déposé Paris, Goupil & Cie; Leipzig, Otto Weigel.
The artist, William Simpson, was a war artist who rendered first-hand depictions of the Crimean War providing the public with impressions of the realitiy of the campaign, in his era presaging the work of later war correspondents and cameramen. Simpson was known for his choice of accuracy over drama. His most famous work is The Charge of the Light Brigade.
- Science Quotes by Florence Nightingale.
- 12 May - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Nightingale's birth.
- Large color picture of Florence Nightingale (1000 x 1334 px)
- Florence Nightingale - testimony she gave to Parliament on poor clothing, food supplies and the state of the hosital at Scutari (20 Feb 1855).
- Florence Nightingale, Notes On Nursing - Nursing Quotes - Ventilation Quotes
- Florence Nightingale - context of quote Study statistics - Medium image (500 x 350 px)
- Florence Nightingale - context of quote Study statistics - Large image (800 x 600 px)
- Florence Nightingale At Eighty-Five Says War Helps To Make Men Noble - from The Scrap Book (1908)
- A Remarkable Woman - Order of Merit for Florence Nightingale, from The Scrap Book (1908)
- Florence Nightingale: The Making of an Icon, by Mark Bostridge. - book suggestion.
- Booklist for Florence Nightingale.