(24 Jun 1788 - 16 Apr 1864)
Thomas Blanchard - Large Picture - Color
Original b/w image from Dwight Goddard, Eminent Engineers: Brief Biographies of Thirty-Two of the Inventors and Engineers Who Did Most to Further Mechanical Progress (1906), 70, which gave photo credit as owned by F.S. Blanchard, Worcester, Mass. (source)
- 24 Jun - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Blanchard's birth.
- Thomas Blanchard Biography from Eminent Engineers (1906)
- Thomas Blanchard Biography - from a A History of American Manufactures (1866).
- Thomas Blanchard Biography - from Leading American Inventors (1912) with pictures of his inventions.
- Thomas Blanchard - large photo of his original lathe, in the museum at the U.S. Armory, Springfield, Mass.
- Thomas Blanchard - Tack Making Machine - illustration and description.
- Thomas Blanchard - Illustration of Blanchard's Machine For Bending Wood.
- Description of Blanchard's patent - method for bending wood, as used for carriage wheel rims.