Thomas Midgley, Jr.
(18 May 1889 - 2 Nov 1944)
Quotes by others about Thomas Midgley, Jr. (1)
[At the funeral of Ketterings researcher, Thomas Midgley, Jr., the minister intoned We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. Afterwards Kettering commented:] It struck me then that in Midgleys case it would have seemed so appropriate to have added, But we can leave a lot behind for the good of the world.
- 18 May - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Midgley's birth.
- More for Thomas Midgley, Jr. on Today in Science History page.
- Thomas Midgley - ACS Paper - Eliminating the Knock in the Automobile Engine
- 2 Feb - births, deaths and events on date ethyl gasoline first went on sale.
- Thomas Midgley and the Law of Unintended Consequences - article from Invention & Technology Magazine on Thomas Midgley's career in research, from which came the rise and fall of two chemicals with dangerous effects in the atmosphere.
- From the Periodic Table to Production: The Life of Thomas Midgley, Jr., by Thomas Midgley. - book suggestion.