(17 May 1749 - 26 Jan 1823)
Science Quotes by Edward Jenner (1 quote)
While the vaccine discovery was progressive, the joy I felt at the prospect before me of being the instrument destined to take away from the world one of its greatest calamities [smallpox], blended with the fond hope of enjoying independence and domestic peace and happiness, was often so excessive that, in pursuing my favourite subject among the meadows, I have sometimes found myself in a kind of reverie.
— Edward Jenner
- 17 May - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Jenner's birth.
- Little Medical Heroes - by John Lentz - from Hygeia (1940)
- Edward Jenner - Inquiry (1798) - Library of Original Sources
- The Eradication of Smallpox: Edward Jenner and The First and Only Eradication of a Human Infectious Disease, by H. Bazin. - book suggestion.
- Booklist for Smallpox.
- Vaccination Against Smallpox, by Edward Jenner. - book suggestion.
- Booklist for Edward Jenner.