(9 Mar 1676 - 1 Mar 1766)
Science Quotes by Zabdiel Boylston (1 quote)
I have patiently born with abundance of Clamour and Ralary [raillery], for beginning a new Practice here (for the Good of the Publick) which comes well Recommended, from Gentlemen of Figure & Learning, and which well agrees to Reason, when tryd & duly considered, viz. Artificially giving the Small Pocks, by Inoculation, to One of my Children, and Two of my Slaves, in order to prevent the hazard of Life . and they never took one grain or drop of Medicine since, & are perfectly well.
— Zabdiel Boylston
- 9 Mar - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Boylston's birth.
- Zabdiel Boylston - Biography - his difficulties and eventual success when he introduced smallpox inoculation.
- Zabdiel Boylston - Innoculation in Boston - concerning Mather and Boylston, from A History of the United States of America (1874).
- An Infectious Disease of Historical Importance: an extensive article on the smallpox disease.
- Smallpox on Death Row: transcript of a BBC Horizon program.
- The Speckled Monster: A Historical Tale of Battling the Smallpox Epidemic, by Jennifer Lee Carrell. - book suggestion.
- Booklist for Smallpox.