(1 Sep 1826 - 1 Jan 1896)
Science Quotes by Alfred Beach (1 quote)
Mr. Thomas A. Edison recently came into this office, placed a little machine on our desk, turned a crank, and the machine enquired as to our health, asked how we liked the phonograph, informed us that it was well, and bid us a cordial good night. These remarks were not only perfectly audible to ourselves, but to a dozen or more persons gathered around.
— Alfred Beach
- 1 Sep - short biography, births, deaths and events on date of Beach's birth.
- New York Pneumatic Tunnel - The Broadway Tunnel - Alfred Beach
- 26 Feb - short description, births, deaths and events on date of the opening of the Pneumatic Transit.
- Labyrinths of Iron: A History of the World's Subways, by Benson Bobrick. - book suggestion.
- New York's Secret Subway, by Oliver E. Allen, American Heritage Invention & Technology magazine (Winter 1977), 12, No. 3.
- Alfred Ely Beach And His Wonderful Pneumatic Underground Railway, by Robert Daley, American Heritage magazine (June 1961), 12, No. 4.
- Secret Subway: The Fascinating Tale of an Amazing Feat of Engineering, by Martin W. Sandler. - book suggestion.